Re: Fwd: Artwork Run-off

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 20:36 -0400, Jacob Peddicord wrote:
> It is _possible_ to get a copy of the font, though I'm not sure how
> ethical it is to do so. The font is embedded in the Typography PDF
> from the Brand Guidelines[1]. Google can help with the process.
>
> For what it's worth, if you just need the "ohio" text in a font, it's
> already in SVG form. Check the Artwork page on the wiki from the
> beginning of this thread, find the orange logos, and download the
> workspace below it. Photoshop and GIMP can both import SVG, though you
> may get better results with a vector editor like Inkscape or
> Illustrator.
>
> [1] http://design.canonical.com/the-toolkit/ubuntu-brand-guidelines/

I'm not a font designer, they all look the same to me :). That said, at
the Ubuntu Developer Summit a month and a half ago they were really
pleased to show off the font, but very concerned about releasing it
before it's finished. I would hold off on using it for anything
semi-official until it's been released.

-- Chase