ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Re: Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.04 Release Party?

What happens at a release party? Anything you want! In the past we've
had a dedicated space (Kwartzlab, St. John's Kitchen) where we ran an
Installfest and had presentations, cake and devilled eggs [1,2].

This year will be a little quieter, just a group of people with an
interest in Ubuntu and Free Software getting together to enjoy some good
food and beverages while discussing the latest release, free culture,
and anything else that happens to be interesting.

There will be people with their laptops; I'll bring some USB drives with
the Ubuntu 16.04 on them so others can upgrade their systems. If you
bring a USB drive (at least 2 GBytes) someone can put Ubuntu 16.04 on
it, and you can use it to try it out (live boot), or to install it on
your own computer, or try it in a virtual machine.

But even if you don't bring a laptop, and even if you're not running
Ubuntu, come out anyway. The best part by far is meeting people and
maybe learning new stuff.

BTW, Beertown looks OK to me as a location -- do we have a consensus?

- --Bob.

[1] http://www.kwartzlab.ca/tag/ubuntu/

[2]
https://laurelrusswurm.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/karmic-koala-release-party/