Re: Concerning UbuntuOne

I completely agree. I love /the idea/ of Ubuntu One and think it's headed in the right direction, but it's seriously beta (if not alpha) software, and not ready for prime time.

I'm a bit puzzled why it was included in Karmic. If any other package behaved as poorly as U1 has, I'd have nixed it already and I'm concerned that it could leave a bad taste in the mouths of new Ubuntu users. I've spent too much time fiddling, troubleshooting and trying to get it to behave and still can't confidently relying on U1.

I would have liked to see it stay in beta for longer before Canonical released paid plans or included it in a release.

While I'd much rather give my money to Canonical, we'll be sticking with JungleDisk and Dropbox until the platform is more stable and reliable. :(

Thanks to the developers for continuing to work on Ubuntu One and I look forward to using it in the future.