Re: What most people would find useful

mac_v wrote:
>>> Bottom line: I think the discussion has been focused on how to regularly
>>> notify users so that they will do something they don't *want* to deal
>>> with (downloading and applying updates), but not so they are distracted
>>> and annoyed by these notifications.  Focusing on how to get the task
>>> done without needing any user notification, action, or confirmation
>>> seems more useful, and much more of a real step forward.
>>>
>> Your way of thinking is correct...
>>
>> But this is only possible , if *EVERY update is thoroughly* tested
>> before sending it to the end user! For which i dont think we have enough
>> resources.
>>  Even Microsoft with all their resources, sometimes their updates mess
>> up the system...
>>
>> So i dont think this is feasible as of now...
>>
>> cheers,
>> mac_v

Immediately after sending that ^...

I rebooted for the new kernel update in jaunty....

And I get "Error 13: Invalid or Unsupported Executable Format ..."

since i know that the kernel error caused this i can figure out ways to
sort it out...

But if it was automated then it would be total surprise to the user!

Further proof of the updates breaking the system...

cheers,
mac_v