Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

Poking around at leonov.tv I believe what we would require from Leonov would
be very small in terms of the scope of his original project.

The other point is that Mark did say an API would be coming out.  Leonov was
around even before Launchpad's open-sourcing, correct?

> The Ubuntu One guys should be delivering an API which lets an app get
> credentials in LP without going via the web. Elliot Murphy would be able to
> connect us to the right person on that team.

So, the correct way to go about this project (I believe) would be to utilize
the API for ease of submittal, not to bring all of Launchpad to the
desktop.  While that is pretty cool, I believe it may be a bit much for this
design.

In my opinion, a bug submittal is a crucial piece of Ubuntu and the release
schedule.  The process needs to go smoothly for a user, nearly transparent.
We need not draw unnecessary attention to the fact that something just went
wrong on one's system.  At the same time devs need technical data, some of
which I myself wouldn't necessarily give correctly if I have *too much
interaction with the bug in the Launchpad interface.

So, are we shooting for that Lucid Lynx to have seamless bug submittals?

Thoughts/Ideas?

-Anthony