Re: Farewell to the notification area

> I am calm. And I don't think there is a conspiracy. I have no idea why
> someone would put those words in my mouth, but oh well...

That was a tongue-in-cheek comment and not meant to be taken seriously.
Sorry if you felt I was putting words in your mouth. :(

> I am only (repeat-)explaining why the proposed solutions are (today)
> more or less unacceptable, since it's apparent that people keeping on
> pushing it are not affected themselves and thus don't see the problem.

That was my point with the "conspiracy" comment. Nobody is "pushing"
anything. People are proposing things and asking for opinions. Heck,
one of the mockups was proposed by me and I'm as close to be an
official Ubuntu developer as my carpet is, so "pushing" is really
too strong of a word. :)

I was asking for opinions. You gave them, and I thank you for that.
I just wanted clarify that I *do* care about your case.