Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On 17/06/11 12:06, Adrian Maier wrote:

> Hiding the menu seems to be considered by some people eye-pleasing ,
> but it breaks productivity.
> It's irritating to click on something that
> is_not_yet_visible_until_you_reach_there .

I understand your concern; I think this something that someone (!)
somewhere (!!) could do some research on :)

... also I wonder if making the Alt key toggle the presence of the menu
would be a worthwhile change in behaviour that would in someway
mitigatge your concerns? (effectively making the Alt-key into a menu
button). It is certainly nearer to my fingers when they are thinking
about menus than the F10 key is...

At that point you have the issue of making this kind of behaviour
discoverable...