Re: Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 21:44:44 +0200 Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

> Yes, you want them. But why? Is there any other reason
> than liking to see orange circles with X-es in them?

Like looking at circles?!?  Seriously, dude.

The reason I like them is because I look at them before I move the
mouse and aim the mouse at the one I want to click.

> No, this has nothing at all to do with muscle memory. Not
> a thing. You're aiming for the corner of the screen. You can
> do that with your eyes closed, so whether the button is
> red, blue or invisible, is completely irrelevant. I don't at
> all understand what you mean by a two step process.

Sure, I can hit the corner of the screen with my eyes closed.  But
I most certainly cannot hit the maximize button with my eyes
closed, and not the x button, either.

Two steps:  Move to the corner and wait for the buttons to appear.
then move to the button I want to click.

> > Clearly, I am not the only one that wants these buttons or I
> > wouldn't have stumbled on the argument for them.
> Yes, but it seems that the wish is completely irrational.
> It shouldn't be imposed on millions of users.

It seems irrational to you because you cannot conceive of why
someone would like it.  But people do.

> > I am really confused by how often people just can't understand
> > that people use computers in various ways.

> That's the point. This doesn't affect use in any way.

You can say that as often and in as many ways as you like, but if
people like/dislike it, it does affect use!