Re: Session management in the dash

Incidentally, I just upgraded to Oneiric today (and I do mean upgrade, not a fresh install), and perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I do *not* see a "restart" option in the power cog menu (nor do I see gnome-terminal in my Dash, but that's a different story). Furthermore, Ctrl+Alt+Del now seems limited to logging me out, rather than giving me additional options. I finally had to try typing "restart" in the Dash, which was not intuitive. I was trying "reboot now" in the Alt+F2 dialog before that (and that failed, which sent me looking for gnome-terminal, to no avail).

I hope these feature regressions are just bugs.

Some people who like the idea of session management in the Dash have suggested moving the session items into an actual lens. That buries it even deeper in the Dash. The competing suggestion, to hard code it into the Dash regardless of which lens is selected, keeps the session items less buried, but certainly more cluttered. Whatever the pro-Dash camp does, I hope Canonical will restore the traditional methods, fully, as an alternative. It would be nice if the power cog menu even had an option for restarting Compiz.