Re: Session management in the dash

I disagree, these actions (shutdown, restart, etc) *should* be available in
the dash. This is something I've been waiting for since 11.04, ten months
ago.

Why? Because winkey+"sh"+enter is an order of magnitude faster for me,
compared to reaching for the mouse, clicking an icon, selecting a menu
option and clicking a dialog button (all in different locations of the
screen). I expect most heavy keyboard users will feel the same.

If you don't like typing "shutdown", feel free to not type "shutdown" and
use the cog instead. That cog option is always there - there's absolutely no
reason to remove the alternative dash option.