Re: Lots of mockups, but what is the problem you're trying to solve?

" +1 for that idea."

Are there any users here who would be okay with changing their tuned
settings every time they call for tech support? I wouldn't, personally. I
can also say that a lot of the users I help everyday wouldn't want to
either. This is why consistency is so important, and why extensive
configuration is hard to deal with. The issues I had supporting Ubuntu
users dropped considerably when Unity was released, because I could tell
the same thing to each user. Everything is always in the same place, and I
don't have to try and guess what modifications users have made to the
shell. Allowing users to make changes, then tell them to erase them
everytime they have a problem is pointless. Soon they simply won't make
changes anymore, and they'll want the options removed.

--
Ian Santopietro

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See
"Eala Earendel enlga beorohtast Ofer middangeard monnum sended"
Pa gur yv y porthaur?
Public GPG key (RSA): http://keyserver. ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?
op=get&search=0x412F52DB1BBF1234
Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse any errors or brevity.