Re: What to call the unity panel?

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 11:10 -0500, Michael Terry wrote:
> > "Top bar" is the term we have been using, it used to be "Panel" but
> > this was a hangover from the Gnome2 days.
>
> mpt says "menu bar" so can you two hug it out and decide which one is
> better?  :)

As it stands, 'top bar' is a description and not a name while 'Panel' is
a normal noun for anything made with a wood finish. Even 'fred' would be
better than either of those.

To save you the bother:

The top bar is the Stalagtight, bottom bar the Stalagmite. The left bar
can be the Discord and the future right bar can be John de Lancie.

Martin,