Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 13:39, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dodge at least sets the user up to expect some sort of movement of the
> launcher based on the movement of something else. 'Smart' could mean
> *anything*. Is it smart because it puts things there you are going to want?
> Does it install apps you might like and put them there for your attention?
> Does it take your calls or write your email? Calling something 'smart' is
> apocalyptically unhelpful ;-)

In my view, 'dodge' is simply 'autohide' with the extra feature that
it doesn't hide when it is unnecessary. This makes it always better
than autohide. I'd be in favor of removing the autohide option
instead, and have the following options:

* Launcher is always visible [default]
* Hide launcher when covered by a window
* * Unhide by touching [ left side, top left corner ] of the screen

That shouldn't be too confusing.

--
Remco