Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

On 09. feb. 2012 15:47, Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar wrote:

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    That's correct. Dodge windows is gone. Don't confuse that with
    auto-hide, though. Auto-hide is easily activated in Appearance.

After a short discussion on Google+, I've discovered that many of users don't know what is dodging windows and are crying while confusing it with other effects. Maybe sometimes it's better to provide a photo or a textual explanation of the effect to be removed from the beginning, and then we won't have such number of mails and misunderstanding.

That would be very useful in many cases. However, I don't think this mailinglist is addressing newbies. After all, this is "Unity Design", not "Unity Support". I would expect anyone who participates here to use the product they're discussing (Unity 5.2 in Precise) -- in which case you experience the changes -- and to spend time understanding the features before starting to contribute ideas on how to change them. But I do agree; a lot of the complaints are coming from people who doesn't know the difference between dodge and auto-hide.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad