Re: No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Eric Ziglioli <eric69150@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Florent.
>

> It's ok, by default the launcher must be never hide, I prefer this
> behavior for newbies.
>
> But I don't think alway hide is a good option.
>

> In my case, I prefer use Unity without launcher when a software is
> maximized, but I don't like see desktop screen without launcher.
>
> We can check easily if we've emails, updates, tweets or see ubuntu one
> activity when the launcher is on desktop screen.

i also agree and also don't mind the change in default.
the reasoning i saw that Mark posted as to why dodge windows was removed
was because apparently the users who were tested that could use dodge
windows could also use the auto hide setting just as well.

my question is do they enjoy the auto hidden experience just as well or
not? and shouldn't the auto-hide users be able to use dodge windows just as
well?
dodge windows is overall a more pleasant experience for me and apparently a
number of others as well.

i also don't understand why it's a bad thing if the user has to fiddle
around a bit with the dodge windows setting to find out what it does if
they don't know what dodge means.
how would that equate to being a horrible user experience when the user is
going to have to change to that setting from the new default anyway?
trying things out is a good way to learn and the first way we all learned
anything to start with.

--
Josh Strawbridge