Re: Kill The Sort-By Button

My two cents : I don't think that removing the bar with the column names is inappropriate - it's just needed to understand the info below (if there were a "date modified" column and a "date created" column how would you tell them apart) .

A suggested behaviour : clicking (left or right) on said bar (with "Name","Type",etc.. ) pops a context menu with "Sort by->" and "Columns->" . Both open an attributes list (name,date mod , date created , etc.)(as part of the same context menu) . In Sort you choose one item to sort by , and in Columns you check the columns you need displayed . I think that'll solve everything and be usable by everyone . Opinions ?

Of course the implementation can't be global , so actually getting every major developer to do it is kind of impossible , but if we here agree on it it's some sort of a start.

Petko