Re: Multi-monitor issues

On 02. mars 2012 12:40, Alan Pope wrote:
> Ideally I'd like to have the option to have the launcher on one desktop
> of my choosing

I have been a supporter of the Unity interface, on the Ubuntu Users
mailing list, since Unity first appeared, pointing out on a number of
occasions the benefits both for regular and for power users, in the
face of an onslaught of criticism there.  However I do feel that a
mistake has been made in the way the launcher now appears on all
monitors even when configured to be always on display.  I believe that
it should be possible to configure the launcher only to appear on one
screen, at least via gconf settings if not via the GUI.

When one has multiple monitors one is allowed the luxury of wasting
some screen area by having the launcher always on display, if the
launcher appears on all monitors then this becomes much less
attractive.

Colin Law