Re: [Ayatana-dev] Controlling the order of indicators

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 17:27 -0500, Ramón Rocha wrote:
> 2010/10/15 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Okay, that makes sense from a consistency perspective for ayatana.
> >> I'm just looking for a quick way to hack the following...
> >>
> >> [other panel applets] [sound messaging] [mine] [clock] [session indicators]
> >>
> >> I was hoping there was an easy way to do it with app indicators but it
> >> sounds like I need to create a full blown panel applet.  If you are
> >> curious my indicator just displays the current time in UTC format,
> >> hence why I want it next to the clock.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the quick response.
> >>
> >> -Ramón
> >>
> >> P.S.  Actually would it be possible to add an indicator into the
> >> session applet?  I realize it's not appropriate to add a UTC clock in
> >> there but I'm just looking for a quick and dirty implementation that
> >> will have nice and clean visual results.
> >
> > If you install indicator-applet-complete and indicator-datetime you'll
> > get a clock along with everything grouped on your panel.  The type of
> > time it displays will be dependent on your locale, but you can adjust
> > it.
> >

> > http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/enable-date-day-seconds-on-indicator-datetime/
> >
> >                --Ted
> >

> Yeah, I tried that but I want two clocks on the panel.  One in my
> local time and the other in UTC and I want them next to each other.  I
> also want the volume/messaging indicator to the left of the clocks and
> the session indicators to the right.  This would look nicer.
>
> Screenshot of what I have now:
> http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7g8pojmHbyk/TLaA_1p_5kI/AAAAAAAABi0/CW3-uiXoc0Q/s800/utc_indicator_screenshot.png
>
> So there is no way to add an indicator into the session applet?

No, not really.  If you want to edit the code it is here for the list:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/indicator-applet/applet/annotate/head:/src/applet-main.c#L31

And here for the interpretation of the list:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/indicator-applet/applet/annotate/head:/src/applet-main.c#L810

		--Ted