Re: Do we have "quick" pipeline on gitlab?

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 18 May 2020 21:22:41 +0200)

> On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 19:16, Janek Kozicki (yade) <jkozicki-yade@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >  They are listed in the pipeline and marked as
> > success, but inside you only have "Skipping this test, because it's a
> > WIP merge request."
> >

> Oooooh! That's why it looks as long as usual but it's faster!
> I'm sorry, obviously I lost track at some point. :)

yeah. Also - these build servers are sometimes used by other people
to calculate some stuff, and sometimes some of them are slower or
faster than usual. If you see that a build is taking more than 2
minutes (when ccache is expected to be fully applicable), it can be
faster to click "cancel" then "retry" (hoping that it will retry on
another build server from the available ones), because this
particular build server is under high load right now. Micromanaging
them on my side (adding/removing them manually to gitlab runner
config) depending on what stuff is running on each of them does not
make sense. They all work nice. Just randomly some of them are slower
for a couple of hours.

I type this, because right now y6pak is slow, and 15 minutes is
spent on ccached compilation that normally takes 2 minutes.

> > Maybe think about upgrading your pc to 20.04 :)
> Man... You can't imagine. If I install it by myself it will be ok but I
> will not have access to univ intranet.
> I thus rely on IT service, but IT is not yet ready to migrate from 16 to 18
> (I asked many times). They have issues with multiple things.

ouch. That's not good. Tell them to go directly to 20.04 :) They wasted 2 years ;)

> That's ok. I can live with schroot/docker and friends, I will have to.
> I know I have a long email somewhere with all your instructions to do so. :)

Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdańsk University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Department of Theoretical Physics and Quantum Information
--
http://yade-dem.org/
http://pg.edu.pl/jkozicki (click English flag on top right)