Re: help compiling

Andreas Plesch said:     (by the date of Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:38:13 -0700 (PDT))

> I sent a private email with more details which may not
> be interesting to the public.

please don't, unless it is really personal.

I will replay to it on the list including a copy of that email in my
reply. That is because your questions in that email were more than
anything else here related to yade and DEM and the purpose of yade
existence. I'm not the only person here that would give you interesting
answers to that email. For example prof.Frederic Donze - who initiated
whole this project could also answer something interesting. And every
user that subscibed to this list would benefit from this exchange of
opinions.

> Here is another issue. I experience regular lock-ups
> which seem to freeze even the kernel.
> The lockups are apparently a known Nvidia driver issue
> ("xid"). I upgraded to the latest version
> and it works better now.

yes, I know this problem, there is also a crash-nvidia program to
download somewhere from nvidia forums. People can run it and see if
their hardware/drivers combinationsis are prone to it. I experienced
this problem a few times, finally got my graphics card replaced on the
warranty. Hope it will be better now.

> What does the x-y diagram in the upper left corner
> show when I press "f" in the viewer ?

it's FPS. it is also Iterations Per Second, because currently it is
displayed every iteration.

> Thanks for any help,

you are very welcome :)