Re: Simulation controller won't display

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:30:06 +0200)

> With Kubuntu 6.06 - AMD64, I have a strange problem currently :  the
> simulation controller don't display correct values for number of time
> step, and value of time step, the manual setting of dt does not work. In
> fact, everything is as if this window do not communicate with Yade,
> except that the run/stop buttons works well! I have also a message like
> "unable to open device" or something like that, when starting Yade with

I have "unable to open device" on my kubuntu too. It is safe to ignore
these messages.

> QtGui (but Yade starts correctly after this). Unfortunatelly, I can't
> remember the exact message I had when starting. I will send more details
> in the evening.

> In fact, I just compiled the latest SVN on sarge and the problem with
> the simulation controller is here also.
> So, the problem is not linked to the error messages I have at starting
> under Kubuntu.
>

> In the Qt window "Simulation Controller" :
> - Play-stop-pause  is ok
> - Load-Save is ok
> - In section "Time" nothing is displayed, 0's in all fields (Real Time,
> Simulation Time, etc.) except the Time Step, which is constantly
> equal to 0.04 in my case (while the real value is not 0.04...).
>
> Do you know the reason why? Is it due to the new threading?

yes, it is due to new display method (which uses threading). I focused
first on fixing display for Ye Yonggeng (so he can run yade), but now
simulation controller isn't working. I'll fix that today/tommorow.

I'm sorry that I didn't tell you in advance about that.