Re: Simulation controller won't display

Janek Kozicki a écrit :

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:30:06 +0200)

With Kubuntu 6.06 - AMD64, I have a strange problem currently :  the
simulation controller don't display correct values for number of time
step, and value of time step, the manual setting of dt does not work. In
fact, everything is as if this window do not communicate with Yade,
except that the run/stop buttons works well! I have also a message like
"unable to open device" or something like that, when starting Yade with

I have "unable to open device" on my kubuntu too. It is safe to ignore
these messages.

QtGui (but Yade starts correctly after this). Unfortunatelly, I can't
remember the exact message I had when starting. I will send more details
in the evening.

In fact, I just compiled the latest SVN on sarge and the problem with the simulation controller is here also. So, the problem is not linked to the error messages I have at starting under Kubuntu.

In the Qt window "Simulation Controller" :
- Play-stop-pause  is ok
- Load-Save is ok
- In section "Time" nothing is displayed, 0's in all fields (Real Time, Simulation Time, etc.) except the Time Step, which is constantly
equal to 0.04 in my case (while the real value is not 0.04...).

Do you know the reason why? Is it due to the new threading?

yes, it is due to new display method (which uses threading). I focused
first on fixing display for Ye Yonggeng (so he can run yade), but now
simulation controller isn't working. I'll fix that today/tommorow.

I'm sorry that I didn't tell you in advance about that.

Thanks for your answers. I won't complain about the changes you make, because it means Yade is being improved! :)

Bruno

--
Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France Tél : 04.56.52.86.21