Re: Modification in Cundall damping - IMPORTANT

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:24:04 +0100)

> I've had a look in the litterature and I've found both forms of damping
> depending on the authors.
> I've even found some authors using the same form of damping as me... and
> considering it as the usual Cundall non-viscous damping...

don't worry. We can make two different classes, One for each formula,
and let the user choose which damping he wants to use.

We could even add some other damping methods, so that the choice will
be even bogger.

So if you find the early papers of Cundall, then maybe you will have
some idea on how to call the second class.

We will just write in the yade manual, that there are several damping
methods available, write formula for each of them, and let the user
choose. I'm sure we will write this manual, when I will come to
Grenoble in several months, right? :)

--
# Janek Kozicki