Re: [Yade-dev] YADE documentation

You can put ideas here (sorry, I added this page as a new category, which was obviously not a good idea...):

http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:New_documentation_structure_and_items

Remy Cailletaud already installed a wiki on 3SR server actually, but it is only for internal documentation, and not accessible from outside the university without login and password. It is powered by wikimedia (gpl2), the same software as wikipedia. It should not be a big problem for Remy to create a second one for Yade with the same engine (only potential problems may be due to network security rules, we will see next week when Remy is back, but he had a solution last time I asked him).

The initial idea was to export the current wikia wiki and transfer the content to a 3SR wiki in some semi-automatic way. Vincent's initiative to copy-paste manually, and re-organise pages at the same time needs more hardwork, but it removes the inherent complexity of cloning from wikia. Less work for Remy (shorter delays ;-)).
I'll keep you updated on this, I hope we can start next week.

I just checked alternatives to wikimedia here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software
There are too many of them!

I couldn't find what software wikidot is using, wich perhaps means they have their own private software.

Any other ideas abou what wiki engine to use?

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43