Re: R: Re: Contact detection

> > I know how Yade compare with pfc on that point (pfc is not that easy to
> > use, and has a crap command langage called "fish", but still easier than
> > Yade). I don't know how it compares with esys and Lamms, but they were
> > invented - not here - by very smart guys, so they are probably way more
> > complex. ;)
I heard PFC folks would like to ditch fish in favor of python.

> How does this student learning time change, when students learn
> python instead of C++ ? ;-))
>
> The weak point is that you & me are not using python in fact (except
> for some very simple stuff).
(You know where your problem is, then)
>  So students at 3sr cannot
> learn python from you - only C++...
Did _you_ learn c++ (or python or whatever else) from your professor??
There is plenty of tutorials on the web. I am sure they will better
spend 3 weeks on python & yade scripts then being frightened straight
away by c++. (No accident that The UNIX-haters handbook calls c++ "cobol
of the 90s").