Re: R: Re: Contact detection

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:58:32 +0100)

> > > I know how Yade compare with pfc on that point (pfc is not that easy to
> > > use, and has a crap command langage called "fish", but still easier than
> > > Yade). I don't know how it compares with esys and Lamms, but they were
> > > invented - not here - by very smart guys, so they are probably way more
> > > complex. ;)
> I heard PFC folks would like to ditch fish in favor of python.
> >
> > How does this student learning time change, when students learn
> > python instead of C++ ? ;-))

I meant that it will be shorter, maybe a lot shorter :)

> > The weak point is that you & me are not using python in fact (except
> > for some very simple stuff).
> (You know where your problem is, then)
> >  So students at 3sr cannot
> > learn python from you - only C++...
> Did _you_ learn c++ (or python or whatever else) from your professor??
> There is plenty of tutorials on the web. I am sure they will better
> spend 3 weeks on python & yade scripts then being frightened straight
> away by c++. (No accident that The UNIX-haters handbook calls c++ "cobol
> of the 90s").

give me a light-speed spaceship, so I that can compress time and
learn python during extra gained days. A trip to nearest start
will be an extra entertainment. ;p

oh, wait. it works in opposite way. I will lose local time
instead.. So let's do the opposite. I'll stay in the solar system, and
let's move Earth forth and back at near the light speed :))