Re: Sign convention contact laws

Defining an initial orientation is not difficult, but how do you account
for arbitrary rotation of the contact due to motion of particles? The
problem is actually how to define the orientation consistently: contact
only defines normal (and shear plane), but not orientation of that
plane.

(I am not sure that we are talking about the same issue here)

Probably different problems in mind indeed. I understand the problem for a beam (and the rotation of axis is just the rotation of the beam itself), but I still don't understand what the rotation of the contact plane would be used for.

B.