Re: TranslationEngine Vs JumpChangeSe3

On 27 April 2010 17:13, Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I was only testing a contact law forcing displacements, but now I realize
>> that the best way to check that is actually applying a force (constant or
>> variable in time) or an initial velocity (in the way you suggest).
>>
> Ok. For this problem, I would simply block DOF's and assign constant
> velocities (i.e. impose displacement, not just initial velocity). Of course,
> the contact law must give correct results whatever the boundary conditions.
> So, there is nothing wrong in applying a force, the only problem is it gives
> less predictable results (since it is dynamic).

Thanks, it works! Forcing displacements (you can use both TranslationEngine
or JumpChangeSe3 __btw,I would really change the name for the latter__), and
fixing DOS's as to assign a constant velocity actually works (so for
everyone interested in testing a contact law properly this is a good way to
do that).
cheers, Chiara