Re: Elastic energy

Work input is added to controllers in r2319.
I kinda love the equation for periodic cell, it should work for 9DOF cell too :

externalWork+=(scene->cell->velGrad*stressTensor).trace()*scene->dt*scene->cell->Hsize.determinant(); I confirmed energy conservation with this equation. I didn't check with rigid boundaries yet.

B.

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :

 Look at the elastic energy, it's
almost zero, how is it possible that kinetic energy is increasing?
Thats right, kinetic should never increase with this script.

I should have say it can't increase in average. It can still increase after the peaks in ElastE.

B.

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
ENSE3 - Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43