Re: RFC: versions dialog

Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
First of all: what's the difference between comparing and diffing? I ask out of ignorance, I swear.

Oh yeah, should probably have described that in the first mail. The idea is that diff shows a diff in an external text editor (or using gdiff for bzr + gtk plugins) while compare calls an external application like Meld to show side by side comparison. For bzr + gtk plugins diff and diff notebook will do the same, but if you have to do without the plugin it is nice to be able to choose between the complete diff or the diff for a single file.

I realize that non-technical users probably only need the side by side tool, but the more technical minded will probably prefer having diff as an option.

-- Jaap