Re: [Ayatana] Middle-click on indicators

> > We're already stretching that slightly with the inclusion of things like
> > sliders and volume scrolling, but we're (hopefully!) not stretching too
> > far away from the concept of a menu.  But we we should really exercise
> > restraint here and not doing crazy stuff just because we can.  Just
> > because middle click isn't being used doesn't mean we should start using
> > it.

With respect to this point, I think you and Mark are both attacking a
straw man. You are reacting like what is being proposed is to assign
middle-click to random actions without any constraint, when what is
*actually* being proposed:

a) is restrained to actions available in the menu
b) can be formally added to the specification
c) is possibly even enforceable by libindicator

This proposal tries to fill a genuine need that is a very constant
complaint about indicators in forums and blogs, while keeping in
mind the overall goal of consistency. I think it's a good balance.