Re: Debian/Ubuntu Repositories

On 9/30/07, Lorenzo Isella <lorenzo.isella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> Here I am again. The situation seems to have frozen to a week ago or so.
> Meanwhile, I got in touch with the Debian maintainer of the missing
> library for Debian testing.
> He told me that library is superseded and will be replaced by a new
> one (cannot get hold of the details now).
> As a consequence, every Debian testing user should be experiencing my
> same problems.
> Any suggestion here? Is there a suggested timetable to overcome these
> problems?
> Many thanks

I made some progress tonight (on the python-version issues). I will now also
try to build against ufsparse to see if that can resolve the umfpack
problem. The (new?) package I see in Debian, libsuitesparse, is
unfortunately not available on Ubuntu, so I am not so sure about this. Maybe
we have to resolve to some kind of pure Debian based install in order to
support both Ubuntu and standard Debian, or maybe we just have to do both
versions.

We'll se.

Timetable is unfortunately not so easy, this is basically things we do in
our sparetime for now (like most other opensource projects).

Lorenzo

--
[simula.research laboratory]
                 Åsmund Ødegård