enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: why all the windows stuff? lets move on from legacy integration and do new cool stuff

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 11:59:42PM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
> We could package improved default templates, that is something I
> would like to get involved in (I was discussing that last cycle but
> I didn't have time to really do anything much about it)

We already packaged new masterpages in LibreOffice 3.6/Quantal:

 http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-6-new-features-and-fixes/

and have more installable with one click:

 http://skyfromme.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/libreoffice-quantal-features-unity-integration-packagekit-and-templates/

I did not manage to include all the templates from:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Call_for_Templates

in this cycle but intend to complete this. OTOH these templates are not that
"enterprisy" and more targeted at home users. I sure can package more
"enterprise" templates, if they are available somewhere. Also note the
improvements coming to the templates dialogs with:

 http://npcdoomlibreoffice.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/gsoc-template-dialog-ui/

in LibreOffice 3.7/Raring Ringtail.

Best,

Bjoern