Re: eeschema NUMBER_OF_FIELDS

jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:
Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

jean-pierre charras wrote:

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

Jean-Pierre,

What about using wxGrid for part of this dialog?

Any objections?

Dick

No objections.
Note: fields names are already editable in eeschema.

Except for the first one or two field names. I will research it and
duplicate current behavior.

4 fields names are not editable because they are reserved (REF, VALUE, FOOTPRINT and subsheet).
Subsheet is not in use (and may be never used).

That is humorous. I think the field is named "Sheet" not Subsheet. I have been using it as a place to store the name of a PDF datasheet for the part. I have a BOM extractor I wrote in Java which creates a CSV. The CSV can get loaded into a spreadsheet and contains the datasheet *.PDF name as one of the columns. I never could figure out what "Sheet" meant, so I came up with my own meaning I guess. :-)

What if we renamed to field to "Datasheet" and left it fixed?

Dick