Re: eeschema NUMBER_OF_FIELDS

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:
> Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
>
>> jean-pierre charras wrote:

>>> No objections.
>>> Note: fields names are already editable in eeschema.
>>>

>> Except for the first one or two field names. I will research it and
>> duplicate current behavior.
>>

> 4 fields names are not editable because they are reserved (REF, VALUE,
> FOOTPRINT and subsheet).
> Subsheet is not in use (and may be never used).

That is humorous. I think the field is named "Sheet" not Subsheet.
I have been using it as a place to store the name of a PDF datasheet for
the part. I have a BOM extractor I wrote in Java which creates a
CSV. The CSV can get loaded into a spreadsheet and contains the
datasheet *.PDF name as one of the columns. I never could figure out
what "Sheet" meant, so I came up with my own meaning I guess. :-)

What if we renamed to field to "Datasheet" and left it fixed?

Dick

Components already have a datasheet field.
All components ("root" components and aliases) have 3 doc fields:
- doc (this is a comment to help the user)
- keys works (to find them in libraries by keywords)
- doc file: this is like an url because it can be a filename or an internet link (if starting by http:)

But because the field "Sheet" is not used, one can use it for a better purpose.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
46, Avenue Félix Viallet
38031 Grenoble Cedex