Re: Fwd: PPA build problems

On 11/6/2011 5:14 PM, Solonen Vesa wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2011, Adam Wolf wrote:
>
>> The build version string is the build date.  This appears to be the norm,
>> so that each day's build replaces any previous builds.
>
> Do you mean the package version strig? That's correct, but the KiCad
> version string (KiCad title bar, etc.) from CMake is not it seems...

To update the bzr version and date used to build the title bar string
you need to run the command 'make rebuild_cache' every time there is a
new repo version.  This automatically recreates the 'version.h' file
which contains the version and date string.  CMake could probably be
coerced into doing it for you automatically but that would require some
effort.  I'm kind of busy working on a bunch of other issues so it would
be a while before I could take a look at it.  If there is some way to
get your PPA recipe file to rebuild the cache when the bzr version
changes, that would likely be the path of least resistance.

Wayne