Re: writing a new top level wxPython based project manager

In English there is a saying: "Competition breeds success."

I would consider it a luxury to be able to choose [pieces] from multiple implementations.
 Competition in this case is not exactly cruel and unusual punishment.  In fact it could
be an *awful lot of fun*, since wxPython is such a high level language and so much can be
done in so few lines of code.

You may either compete or collaborate.   I think we'll get more ideas if there is
competition.  After choices are made, you can continue to compete, improving, innovating
and serving your own needs, even if your code is not merged up to that point in time.
Repeat that last sentence.

Any implementation which does not meet the primary objective: "showing which projects are
open, among a larger set of project possibilities" will lose the competition.  (Even if
there is only one entry into the competition, *multiple* open projects is a mandate.)
Using screen real estate for a permanently visible directory tree may not be an optimal
pathway to achieving the objective.

Some tips:

a) the directory tree does not give sufficient emphasis on what constitutes a project.

b) the directory tree does not give the ability to show several open projects without a
sea of rows of actual files in between.

c) we need to be more project centric, less file centric.

d) once projects have been defined, the user interface procedure to opening the schematic
or layout tools on any of those projects needs to be lean.

e) I'm thinking the set of files that constitute a project can continue to reside in the
*.pro file.