Re: writing a new top level wxPython based project manager

On 7 April 2014 14:47, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Extending that thought, how about some discussion on several of the possible visual states:
>>

>> 1) in-tray
>> 2) in panel
>> 3) non-maximized, not in tray, aka small toolbar with launching abilities.
>> 4) maximized.

Personally I want the manager to stay out of the way. If there was a
way to not see the manager at all and I could just start the programs
individually, but they get linked if they are on the same project,
that would be ideal. I can do file management with my
file-manager/terminal and never had a need for that bit.

A tray icon is a compromise as I realize I have an unusual setup. That
way I can minimize it and forget about it. I don't know what you mean
by "panel" in number 2. I probably don't have one.