Re: Announcing work on providing windows nightlies

On 12 March 2015 at 17:48, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> It was just pushed to the repo yesterday so if you haven't upgraded in
>>> the last day or so, your still using -2.  I just tried to compile KiCad
>>> using -3 with -std=gnu++11 and now it's choking on boost.  Do yourself a
>>> favor an do not upgrade until -4 is released.
>>
>> Do you have a link to the report? I can't find it in the open issues
>> at Alexpux/MINGW-packages on github.
>
> I filed it on the old SourceForge bug tracker here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/tickets/138

Nick, thank-you for posting this to the list!

Wayne,

Thanks for the confirmation. I was bit by this last night while trying
to test the KiCad-Winbuilder stuff. I soon realised that it was doomed
after the wxWidgets-3 push. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out pretty
quickly.

Thanks for reporting the bug, looks like they're getting on with it
pretty quickly.

This is exactly why it makes sense for us to use the pacman stuff to
build with; Because it's one build system that we're all trying to
support. Plus, it means no more maintenance of external projects like
wxwidgets-cmake, etc. for me! Phew!

Best Regards,

Brian.