Re: Full integration to Github

Yea the rate limiting isn't really the major issue in my book.

The biggest problem is that we cannot post comments under an
username/email from launchpad. This is a technical limitation that
cannot be avoided, as each comment/issue is associated to their own
database.

>Lots of open source projects migrate to github with all of there
>history, so it has to be possible in a sane fashion.

I've never seen any keep their history sanely.

I wish people weren't so obsessed with github though. I would say its
just the flavor of the month popular (and already losing users to
gitlab :))) ) and in a few years some other site may become popular
because github becomes the next malwareforge after its IPO or
whatever, who knows. We shouldn't be blindly jumping on the bandwagon.
Launchpad is set to be stable as long as Ubuntu exists.

The real thing is we should be fighting to move to git :D

Anyway, github gave me access to a new API for posting issues in bulk.