Re: Windows 10 reports stable 4.0.1 installer as malware.

> The not marked manifested issue has to be fixed in the kicad repo. It
> wants the UAC setting defined either "asInvoker, highestAvaliable or
> administrator". The problem is the manifest right now comes from
> wxwidgets(yay)
>
> https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/include/wx/msw/wx.rc
> (last few lines include the manifest)
>
> So we would need to write our own manifests that currently defines UAC
> level and conditionally compile them in.
>

> The uninstaller is more complicated to fix because its generated
> inside the installer on runtime. The link I gave before shows how to
> workaround it...hackishly..
>

> Though I wonder if the Publisher field being set would help it shutup
> because Smartscreen might be doing something as simple as comparing
> installer Publisher to certificate Publisher and being happy.

I did just set the Publisher and as you can see it still fail for the
manifest stuffs, but it also proposes a waiver justifications dialog
where you can argue why this is not important, but I am not sure what
yo write there. You can retry it on the latest nightly to test
yourself.