Re: Windows 10 reports stable 4.0.1 installer as malware.

> Yea that escalation is fine. Microsoft just wants the UAC directive in
> all the kicad executable manifests. The directive can simply be "asInvoked"
> meaning do not escalate. Its simply a security item for them they want
> checked off. We don't have to tell it to escalate all the kicad
> executables to admin or highest.

Ok, I see. Can't we add an "external" manifest as the result suggests?
If yes, what exactly is that, is that a file we can define next to it
and embed in the exe or how does this work? (I always find googling
such windows speficic things hard, hence I ask, because I faild at
finding a good answer.)

> When I was talking about Publisher I wasn't referring to the test
> failing. I was saying SmartScreen might be happier if the installer
> executable Publisher Matched the certificate or had something not
> blank.

Yeah, ok, I see, I realised that now. I think it might help too.