Re: Python functionality on Windows

Hi Wayne

Let me explain the confusion. The current scripts to build the windows
installer is found at:
https://github.com/nickoe/KiCad-Winbuilder

It initially started becaue now one or few people cared to package for
windows. No one was using the msys2 environment at the time for builds
IIRC.  Anyway, the packing job was basically just taking the nsis
script in the kicad source. This was sort of broken an not that good.
Then I created a script to package it "properly". (Still a work in
progress.) And Brian created some cmake stuff for it too, such that
you could just make sure that you had cmake on your commandline, and
that creates a working msys2 installation for building kicad.

I don't actually use the cmake stuff for packaging, I only use
makepkg-mingw and the copydlls.sh script.

And after that seemed to work Brian decided to abandon his
kicad-winbuilder on lp. So in a sense this is the new
kicad-winbuilder. We might want to move the repo under the kicad org
on github, because this is what is used for the official windows
installers.

On a sort of side note, but related. I have determined that since the
enhanced python shell was comitted (at least it seems so so far), then
the python console in pcbnew did not start up anymore. I am still
trying to figure out what might be missing. I can just confirm that it
works when executed from the msys2 environment, but not when
installed.

Nick