Re: Python functionality on Windows

On 2/23/2016 3:44 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Hi Wayne
>
> Let me explain the confusion. The current scripts to build the windows
> installer is found at:
> https://github.com/nickoe/KiCad-Winbuilder
>
> It initially started becaue now one or few people cared to package for
> windows. No one was using the msys2 environment at the time for builds
> IIRC.  Anyway, the packing job was basically just taking the nsis
> script in the kicad source. This was sort of broken an not that good.
> Then I created a script to package it "properly". (Still a work in
> progress.) And Brian created some cmake stuff for it too, such that
> you could just make sure that you had cmake on your commandline, and
> that creates a working msys2 installation for building kicad.
>
> I don't actually use the cmake stuff for packaging, I only use
> makepkg-mingw and the copydlls.sh script.
>
> And after that seemed to work Brian decided to abandon his
> kicad-winbuilder on lp. So in a sense this is the new
> kicad-winbuilder. We might want to move the repo under the kicad org
> on github, because this is what is used for the official windows
> installers.

Moving this to the KiCad project on github is probably a good idea.  I
can't remember how I transferred Marco's KiCad doc repo.  I think I gave
him temporary admin privileges on the KiCad project page until he
transferred it to the kicad project.  Let me know if you want to do this
and I will go ahead and give you admin privileges so you can do the
transfer.