Re: Git transition

On 08/10/2016 04:49 PM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
[snip]
> Any particular reason for having (fixes lp:########) in the first
> line? Typically the first line of the commit message is kept very
> short and limited to things one might need when quickly browsing a
> log. The usual convention in git is to write something like this at
> the bottom of the message:
>
> Fixes: lp:########
>
> It's very easy to search for those if you want, using git log --grep:
>
> git log --grep="^Fixes: lp:12345678"

Currently the webhook accepts a few formats: "fix(es)?[
]+(lp:|#)?([0-9]+)", but it can be easily changed. I would not mind
extending it to catch the mentioned phrase. It also accepts the formula
anywhere in the commit message, not only the first line, so it is up to
Wayne to set the rules.

Regards,
Orson