Re: Patch to compile _pcbnew.kiface only once

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:01:20AM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 3/17/2017 9:56 AM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 08:08:28AM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> >> Would someone please disable python scripting on OSX builds so we can
> >> provide nightly builds until we can find a solution for the python issue.

> >> I'm sorry you feel this way but this has nothing to do with OSX being
> >> second class and every thing to do with the simple fact that there are
> >> far more windows and linux devs so things tend to get fixed faster on
> >> those platforms.
> >
> > In his defense, that's kinda the definition of a second class citizen.
> > Not that it's our _fault_, we don't have many developers for macOS. But
> > that doesn't make it not true. :\
>
> I wish I had a better answer to this issue but I don't.

Same here. In fact I have the hardware/software resources to do macOS
development but not the time. Hell, my own *main* kicad work has been
delayed for weeks, and it'd take me ages just to get to the bottom of
what's going on here and understand it all, let alone find a fix :(

> > Wayne, would you be okay with disabling scripting on the macOS builds
> > until scripting is fixed for them?
>
> I replied to an email earlier to request that we disable python
> scripting on osx until the python build issues are a resolved.  Did it
> not make it through?

Nah, there's just been enough discussion on this issue that I've managed
to miss and/or forget some.