Re: Some tests.

Hi

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski <
tomasz.wlostowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28/11/17 18:25, Heikki Pulkkinen wrote:
> >
> > Zones filling new record with new connectivity algo with A64-Olinuxino
> > board. 13s.
>
> Heikki,
>
> I would be very glad to include your improvements in the zone filling,
> but the code you've sent to me (your Github) does not meet the quality
> standard we expect:
> - It's a mix of object and non-object oriented code which is diffucult
> to understand.

Can you specify what part is object and what are not?

- It doesn't follow Kicad coding style rules.

Maybe, but can you specify that too? I can not see.

- It contains much more than faster zone filling, everything is mixed
> with your via stitching/thermal code that we did not accept for the
> reasons we had already explained to you.

Yes of course, it is my developed and going to use it in that way.

> I also investigated why the zones are filled slowly - the major reason
> was a bug in the GAL zone filling algorithm, which was filling all zones
> by performing N independent fills of every zone causing the isolated
> copper islands to be checked N times (where N=number of zones in the
> design) instead of just once. The branch [1] contains this bug fixed. It
> also introduces quite a speedup in zone loading/rendering and
> parallelizes all zone filling operations using OpenMP. It refills all
> zones on the "A64-Olinuxino
> board" in less than 3 seconds and something around 10s for the "wrs"
> board on a Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM machine.
>

> Please, if you want to be a member of Kicad developers, follow some rules:

Of course you want that!
Wayne, do you accept this kind of blackmailing and all these rules?

- Ask before making heavy changes. Connectivity algorithm is an example
> of a heavy change.

- Don't introduce large or risky changes in your first patches. Changing
> the file format is an example of a potentially risky change that should
> be consulted with other developers.

- Announce you're working on something before you start writing the
> code. Someone else may be already working on this part - which is what
> exactly happened with the connectivity algorithm

I'll be very happy to have a look at your teardrops and automatic zone
> stitching code - which IMHO is an very valuable addition to Kicad -
> after the V5 stable release is out.

Cheers,
> Tom
>
> [1] https://github.com/twlostow/kicad-dev/tree/tom-faster-zones

Why are you yelling all the time that connectivity algo for me?
Why do you think that other people do not have rights to do experiments?
I am going to do my experiments and tests anyway. And I do not want to use
my time for this.

I thought  this is open source, and all kind of ideas should be accepted as
an idea. Even if they make any "sense".

Regards

Heikki