Re: [RFC]: New non copper pad paste and mask clearances behavior V2

Yes, we’re talking about the same thing.  Net clearance only applies between items on the same layer: i.e. a track on F.Cu must not be within that distance of a pad on F.Cu.

But a track on B.Cu doesn’t have any clearance constraints against a pad on F.Cu.  It’s not that aperture pads have no clearance values, but rather that non-matching copper layers don’t have clearance values.  And that's the way it’s always been (unlike the behaviour of aperture pads which was just changed).