Re: Debugging Kicad, can this be done with Qt creator?

Hey, Mario,

Arch has not every needed package in their repo, but the aur is easy enough in my opinion. (Also, I find the arch people to be more willing to indulge my crazy idea's (like installing packages as a non-root user) than the Debian people)
Kicad already has debug, release, minimum size release and release with debug symbols options, so there's no need to create them again :-)

You are completely correct that release links faster, but I accept the slower linking to be able to use breakpoints and the like.
Also I think new code should always be stepped through, so little ahem.. "side effects" can be caught as well.

PS, I forgot to mention that the procedure starts from a fresh install of Manjaro, not a fresh install of Arch.

Cheers, and happy new year,
Cedric