Re: 5.1.0-rc1

On 2/7/2019 1:38 PM, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> Steven A. Falco kirjoitti 7.2.2019 klo 18.04:
>
>> However, because of the eeschema line-width issues that I mentioned yesterday, I'm not convinced that users will be happy with gtk3.
>>
>> In the attached screenshot, compare the line width at pin 2 and pin 3 of the op-amp.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> This is not gtk3 specific, but comes from the rounding issues in
> Eeschema new drawing code (both OpenGL and Cairo). Unfortunately proper
> solutions are not trivial. One can mask it bearably by using Cairo
> drawing with anti-aliasing turned on (at least on 4k resolutions).
>
> -Vesa

This problem will get fixed during v6 development.  The other option is
to build with wxWidgets with gtk2 and disable wxPython support.  There
is no ideal solution at the moment.  This is the reason that we even
created a 5.1 release.  I think users would rather have the slightly
distorted graphics (which Vesa's suggest improves) than no wxPython support.